We are seeking an experienced, talented web designer to expand our fun, dynamic and innovative team of web designers, developers and programmers.
The web design position is full-time in our Cairns office. We have a strong, steady stream of new websites under development with interesting and high profile clients, as well as many small-medium enterprises.
Our team of 15 is full of light-hearted, fun-loving individuals with a passion for technology, strong work ethic and a commitment to quality. We hope you are too. We expect consistent attention to detail in all work undertaken as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
You can expect a great working environment with interesting projects and amazing coffee.
Nature of Work
Primarily, you will be creating design concept mockups for new websites (not necessarily developing the websites themselves, but if you're a superstar who is also an expert in HTML & CSS, that's a bonus!).
Most of the time, you will be working with existing brand materials. But the ability to design new brand elements is highly desirable.
You will also be designing enhancements to existing websites (such as banners, badges, icons, etc.), providing guidance to developers on typography and layout, and concepting user interface designs or user experience workflows.
- Photoshop and Illustrator (you may choose to design in either, but experience in both is required)
- Thorough understanding of web-based user experiences
- Thorough understanding of modern website techniques and trends, including responsive layout design
- Knowledge of modern HTML and CSS techniques and the ability to develop and style templates from a design concept
- Barista skills
- A cover note
- Links to websites you have designed
- Your CV